WASHINGTON, Nov. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Now, the Black Women’s Wellness Critical announced that it has welcomed 9 new members to its Board of Administrators.
“We are thrilled that these leaders have partnered with us in our mission to enhance the health and fitness and wellness of Black girls and ladies across the state,” said Linda Goler Blount, MPH, President and CEO of the Black Women’s Health and fitness Essential. “Now additional than at any time, we need to have voices that will stand robust in the fight for racial and gender well being equity. These new users deliver that to the desk.”
The new board users arrive from a wide variety of backgrounds — from artwork and enjoyment to clinical psychology and general public health. Every gives a one of a kind and instrumental set of abilities that will be invaluable to supporting the BWHI attain its mission and enrich its programs.
The new members contain:
- Barbara J. Brown, PhD
- Psychologist, Founder & Proprietor of Capitol Hill Consortium for Counseling & Session, LLC (CCCC).
- Regina Davis Moss, PhD, MPH, MCHES
- Affiliate Government Director, Well being Coverage Exercise at the American General public Health and fitness Affiliation (APHA).
- Mike Ellison
- Actor, artist, and activist.
- Mitzi Krockover, MD
- Main Government Officer of Woman Centered, LLC and Handling Director of Golden Seeds.
- Julie Lythcott-Haims
- New York Occasions bestselling writer.
- Nkem Okeke, MD, MBA, MPH, MSPM
- President & Chief Govt Officer, Medicalincs LLC.
- Sharon Thompson, MD, MPH, FACOG
- Chief Government Officer, Central Phoenix Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Lauren Wilson
- Chief of Staff, Chime Alternatives.
- Caira Woods, PhD
- Deputy Director – U.S. Software, Invoice & Melinda Gates Foundation.
“It is an honor to have so several gifted and passionate people today eager to dedicate their capabilities to our bring about,” stated Angela M. Marshall, MD, FACP, President and CEO of Comprehensive Women’s Overall health and Chair of the Board of Administrators for the BWHI. “With this group now in area, we are energized about what the long term retains for the Black Women’s Health and fitness Vital.”
About the Black Women’s Health Imperative:
Set up at first as the Countrywide Black Women’s Health and fitness Job in 1983, the BWHI is the oldest nationwide non-gain group committed to increasing the health and fitness and wellness of our nation’s 21 million Black women of all ages and ladies — physically, emotionally, and monetarily. Our core mission is advancing wellness fairness and social justice for Black women, throughout the lifespan, by coverage, advocacy, training, exploration, and management improvement.
202-471-4228 X 126
Source Black Women’s Health and fitness Crucial
Two Periods in One Month: Causes, Risks, Complications
Ferring and BioInnovation Institute enter new strategic collaboration to accelerate innovation in women’s health
Why is the language of women’s health so aggressive?