essay contestWarren and Shenandoah County superior faculty seniors are inspired to enter an essay contest to compete for a $500 prize sponsored by Shenandoah Area Secular Humanist.
Aimed at encouraging graduating superior university seniors to consider humanist values as they impact their each day lives, this year’s essay subject matter asks the query “Does social media encourage or impede our skill to believe critically?”
Applicants must compose an essay of 500 to 1,000 words and phrases. There are no GPA or money desires specifications to compete and the essay is the only needed doc for submission. Essays will be evaluated and scored based mostly on the command of the language, high-quality of method to subject matter, and demonstration of crucial considering techniques. As in previous a long time, up to four $500 prizes will be awarded.
High school steerage counselors will set a owing date for their particular person college to ahead to SASH by March 25. Even more details is accessible in the steering business at each individual superior college.
Marion Park Lewis Basis The Marion Park Lewis Foundation for the Arts is accepting applications for grants for people today to pursue highly developed instruction in the arts or for registered non-profit corporations for specific instructional projects. The deadline is March 15. Check out www.mplf-arts.org for qualifications and specifications.
Techniques United states level of competitionTriplett Tech served as host of this year’s District X SkillsUSA levels of competition held concerning Jan. 28 and Feb. 11. The competitiveness was open up to pupils from occupation and specialized schooling systems in Culpeper, Fauquier, Frederick, Web page, Rappahannock, Shenandoah, and Warren counties.
Initially-spot winners are eligible to enter the state-degree level of competition, which will be held in April. The pursuing regional pupils, their placement and school gained awards:
• Automobile upkeep and gentle repair: Strasburg Significant Faculty college students Remington Sharp, 1st Zachary Tirado, third.
• Occupation Demo – Open: Madison Marston, very first, Central Higher Faculty Jocelyn Morales, 2nd, Mountain Valley Significant Faculty Jazmin Hernandez Araujo, 3rd, Central.
• Occupation Demo A: Central High School college students Ian Wymer, very first Bailee Roberts, next.
• Cosmetology: Alexandra Martinez, initially, Central Ana Himelright, 2nd, Strasburg Ella Stark, third, Mountain Valley.
• 1st Help/CPR: Carly Thomas, 1st, Mountain Valley Katie Whittington, next, Strasburg.
• Bricklaying: Adrien Amari, to start with, Strasburg Kadin Hitt, second, Mountain Valley.
• Masonry: Jeremy Radford, very first, Strasburg Zach Thornhill, 2nd, Central.
• Carpentry: Amelia Hess, initially, Mountain Valley Kendal Sine, second, Strasburg Elijah Schneider, 3rd, Strasburg.
• Collision Restore Engineering: Strasburg Significant Faculty learners Cole Rogers, initial Dakota Atchison, next.
• Automotive Refinishing: Kobe Hallman, to start with, Strasburg Kaylee Martinez, next, Mountain Valley Chris Mendez, 3rd, Mountain Valley.
• Marketing Bulletin Board: 1st area awards went to Heather Hall, Mountain Valley Buddy Happ, Central and Alyssa Burkart, Strasburg.
• Extemporaneous Talking: Bailee Roberts, initially, Central.
• Electrical energy: Ian Wymer, very first, Central Tanner Jenkins, next, Strasburg.
Higher education news• Adrianne Kinsey, of Strasburg, was named to the dean’s checklist at the College or university of William & Mary for the fall semester.
• Amanda Grover, of Strasburg, and Katherine Babineau, of Front Royal, had been named to the dean’s checklist at Hollins University for the drop semester.
• The following pupils were being named to the dean’s record at Shepherd University for the slide semester:
Entrance Royal: Gena Boice, Alex J. Lalumondiere, Nikea S. Whitmore.
New Industry: Austin C. Ritchie.
Strasburg: Megan L. Litter.
• Two college students from Entrance Royal attained levels from Radford College on Dec. 11. They are:
Cherrilynne Anne Scott, bachelor’s degree in artwork.
Anneslee C. Cockrell, bachelor’s diploma in nursing.
• The subsequent students, along with their important of examine, had been named to the dean’s checklist at Radford College for the fall semester:
Front Royal: Tyler Cefola, work out, sport and wellness schooling Kristofer Miller, media reports Future Austin, nursing Anneslee Cockrell, nursing Jennifer Martinez, nursing Sydney Harris, recreation, parks and tourism.
Edinburg: Isabell Dellinger, felony justice.
Linden: Thomas Jervis, criminal justice.
New Market: Ashton Streett, nursing.
Quicksburg: Jacqueline Farmer, layout.
Strasburg: Andrew Jenkins, accounting Natalie Hott, interaction sciences and issues Gracie McDonald, psychology.
Timberville: Brandon Smith, accounting.
Woodstock: Kaia Frana, art.
• The subsequent students, alongside with their main of analyze, at James Madison College attained diplomas in December:
Entrance Royal: Brynn Gorham, well being sciences Sierra Bryant, overall health sciences Leslie Rodriguez-Molina, justice research Jordan Marlow, sport and recreation administration.
Stephens Metropolis: Samantha Scott, justice reports.
Strasburg: Hailey Carroll, with distinction, nursing John Hisghman, English Anna Bowen Devor, history.
Toms Brook: Olivia Keller, overall health sciences.
Woodstock: Kaitlyn Bullock, accounting Evan Rudy, computer science.