Position Type: Impartial Contractor (Distant)
Deal Size: 12 months
Approximated Time Commitment: 2 days/thirty day period
Start out Date: July 2022
WomenStrong International is a worldwide group of businesses doing the job with women of all ages and girls to conclude extreme city poverty. We come across, fund, fortify, and share gals-driven alternatives that can transform life in urban communities. These options are produced by our grantee associates – all trustworthy women-led non-income, mostly in urban settings, whose personnel know ideal how to even further girls’ training and empowerment, women’s and girls’ health and fitness, and to stop violence against women of all ages and ladies in their respective communities. Partners’ solutions are then shared in WomenStrong’s Finding out Lab, exactly where they can be tested, sharpened, codified, and disseminated, with input from their fellow partners and by WomenStrong workers. In 2022-2023, WomenStrong’s Learning Lab is striving to deepen the ties amongst associates so as to additional reinforce our group of know-how-sharing. The Mastering Lab encourages and cultivates the trade of thoughts via an on the web portal of resources and means, world-wide-web-primarily based team discussions and expertise-sharing, husband or wife retreats, website visits and bilateral exchanges, the joint enhancement of applications, and other local community-setting up functions.
WomenStrong is hunting for an external expert to assistance the Learning’s Lab’s get the job done on women’s health and fitness and the wellbeing of adolescent women. The expert will work with the partners to tailor pursuits to the requires of the Studying Lab companions and will aid them identify and access related assets and technical guidance, as needed. The consultant will also advise WomenStrong employees relating to very best procedures in producing neighborhood-pushed, domestically rooted, and culturally responsive ways to enhance women’s and adolescent girls’ wellness.
Duties could involve:
- Co-facilitating webinars, panels, and other in-human being situations with partners, concentrating on precise subject areas linked to women’s and adolescent girls’ wellness
- Acquiring digital neighborhood-making actions that produce among associates an surroundings of trust, safety, and belonging
- Function as a “thought partner” by providing geographic and problem-unique remote guidance to determine strengths and chances, while facilitating cross-partner understanding and the harvesting of expertise from husband or wife actions
- Pinpointing crucial evidence-dependent approaches that partners can utilize in the discipline, to improve the health and fitness and lives of women and girls
- Functioning with WomenStrong workers to create and manage a Mastering Agenda that demonstrates the partners’ parts of do the job, as properly as significant themes in women’s and adolescent girls’ health and fitness, and that guides all linked Understanding Lab things to do
- Co-creating or contributing to, as ideal, the development and adaptation of equipment, sources, trainings and publications to increase women’s and adolescent girls’ wellbeing-centered program implementation and mastering
- Investigating, pinpointing, and regularly updating a list of methods, new complex procedures, and women’s and adolescent girls’ health and fitness-similar techniques
- Supporting partners in making use of the previously mentioned-talked about and other very best techniques by means of remote complex support
- Pinpointing extra gurus as required, to provide help and abilities on distinct places inside the area of women’s and adolescent girls’ wellness and
- Assisting partners in identifying and applying for talking and meeting participation prospects that can enrich their capacity, strengthen their management techniques, and elevate their profile.
Candidates must have understanding and knowledge in women’s well being, particularly in a person or a lot more of the following troubles: adolescent sexual and reproductive health and legal rights quality of treatment, maternal well being, which include new child survival, prenatal/antenatal treatment, and non-communicable health conditions and the integration of community-primarily based overall health operate into formal overall health techniques, which might include things like applications with local community-primarily based health workers, midwives, or cellular clinics. Applicant must have substantial encounter functioning with global courses and analysis in the over spots pertaining to women’s health and fitness and be educated pertaining to world traits and ideal procedures in 1 or more of these fields.
- Somewhere around 8-10 yrs of experience working in very low-and center-income nations and with culturally diverse groups
- Established means to translate advanced analysis insights into programmatic initiatives
- Demonstrated skill to transfer awareness to varied audiences (capacity-strengthening) by session, education, mentoring, and other formal and non-official solutions, making use of adult understanding methodologies
- Exceptional facilitation, moderation, and coaching abilities
- Demonstrated capacity to have interaction in dialogue on racial and gender fairness
- Willingness to work outdoors of standard place of work hours to accommodate global time distinctions
- Ready to travel internationally, if wanted
- Supplemental language capabilities fascinating, particularly French or Spanish and
- Demonstrated potential to use on the web tools to aid partaking meetings and webinars is fascinating.
How to apply
Interested candidates need to deliver in their CV/resume to Ms. Bianca Zhang, at [email protected]. In lieu of a go over letter, we request candidates to you should answer to the following three concerns in the email (greatest of 500 words and phrases for each respond to):
- As you can explain to from the TOR, this job performs straight with our Discovering Lab associates (i.e., grantees), who are all tiny, local community-based, mostly females-led companies from low-and center-profits nations. Can you you should share about your practical experience operating with these forms of organizations in the discipline of women’s well being (i.e. method implementation, technological aid/capability-strengthening, teaching or facilitating workshops, advocacy and many others.
- Understanding Lab companions operate across the globe in 4 regions of aim in the lab: girls’ schooling and empowerment, violence from gals and women, women’s overall health and financial safety and option. From your knowledge, how have you fostered shared studying, partnerships and collaborations throughout compact, group-primarily based corporations throughout the world?
- This role requires the advisor to have encounter partaking in dialogue with partners on intercontinental human legal rights frameworks and standards on overall health, equally regionally and globally. Share with us an instance of how you have labored on this in your previous operate.
Programs will be recognized until eventually Friday, June 17, 2022, and interviews will be executed on a rolling-basis.